- The Winterville Idol Contest is open to anyone 16 years of age or older. You must be 16 years old by Finals Night – August 23, 2012. The Idol Committee reserves the right to request age verification in the form of a legal document (ex. Driver’s License or Birth Certificate).
- Immediate family members of the Winterville Watermelon Festival Committee or employees of the Winterville Idol’s Corporate Sponor(s) are not eligible to participate. (Immediate Family members are defined as: spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.)
- No Contestant may belong to a professional acting, theatre or musical organization. Person who entertain, whether it be their whole or part time income are allowed to compete as long as they do not belong to any professional organization connected with the entertainment industry that would cause the Winterville Watermelon Festival, Inc. to pay the Contestant a fee or any other benefit for taking part in the competition.
- Previous Winterville Idol Winners are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Artist presently scheduled for a performance during any event at the Festival (whether paid or complimentary) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- All contestants under the age of 18 must provide parental consent (by signing registration form) prior to the preliminary auditions.
- All contestants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian to the preliminaries, semi-finals and finals.
- All Contestants must participate in a preliminary audition round to be eligible for Finals. (The Idol Committee reserves the right to make special exceptions, in cases of extreme hardship.)
- All songs performed for the contest must be approved by the Idol Committee. (They will be screened for content so as to maintain a “Family Friendly” event.) All lyrics must be supplied to the Idol Committee at least 3 days before their performance.
- Performance Standards:
A. Songs may be performed to track music that meets the usable format of the production/sound company in charge of the event.
B. Contestant may accompany self using an amplified or nonamplified instrument.
C. Contestant may have one additional musician to provide accompaniment. That musician cannot contribute any vocal background for the performance. (Instrumental music only).
D. You will be allowed a maximum of 2 audio outputs for performance. (1 vocal + 1 instrument or soundtrack)
11. Contestant performance may not exceed 6 minutes in length.
12. The Idol Committee will have sole control (area access) of all venues that are used throughout this competition.
13. Incorrect information on the Registration Form or any other form furnished to the Idol Committee may result in disqualification, whether discovered prior to, during or after the final event.
14. The participant will conduct him/herself courteously and professionally throughout the Idol Contest.
15. If selected to perform in subsequent rounds, the Contestant shall take part in all events scheduled by the Idol Committee.
16. The Performance schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the Idol Committee.
17. The Idol Committee is not responsible for non-completion/non-occurrence of the Contest.
18. Any contestant, who fails to strictly comply with the Idol Contestant Rules or who fails to appear as required, shall be disqualified
19. The Idol Committee is not responsible for any loss or physical injury that occurs to the contestant on account of contestant’s participation in the Winterville Idol Contest. The contestant will participate at his/her own risk and will have no claim against the Winterville Watermelon Festival.
20. In the event of any dispute, the Idol Committee’s decision is final and binding on the contestant. The panel of judges’ decisions will be final.
21. The Idol Committee makes no guarantees that participation in the Winterville Idol contest will result in the contestant being selected to participate in any show or event, record any music, or in any other way have an amateur or professional performing career.
22. The Contestant’s image, likeness and voice may be used in promotional material and television and radio broadcasts as well as in any other medium (including the Web) that the Idol Committee deem appropriate during the period while the Contest is being promoted, takes place and for one year after the completion of the Winterville Idol Contest. At no time will the Contestant receive an any compensation for the above usages.
Winterville Idol – Important Dates
All Preliminaries and Semi-Finals to be held at: The WareHouse Restaurant at the Corner of Mill Street and Main Street,
Winterville, NC 28590
Important Dates and Time:
June 15, 2012 – Midnight Deadline for Preliminary 1 & 2 Entries
June 23, 2012 – Round 1 Preliminaries – Time: 7:30
June 30, 2012 – Round 2 Preliminaries – Time: 7:30 (if needed!)
July 9, 2012 – Midnight Deadline for Preliminary 3 & 4 Entries
July 14, 2012 – Round 3 Preliminaries – Time: 7:30 (if needed!)
July 21, 2012 – Round 4 Preliminaries – Time: 7:30 (if needed!)
July 28, 2012 – Round 1 Semi-Finals – Time: 7:30 (if needed!)
August 4, 2012 - Round 2 Semi-Finals – Time: 7:30 (if needed!)
Date – August 23, 2012
Time – 6:30
Location: Main Stage – Winterville Watermelon Festival
DOWNLOAD THE WINTERVILLE IDOL AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE